Sad to say, I've been so busy the past couple months, what with reality, getting my short stories up on Jukepop, trying to get this and that done, I've only now gone to check Google Analytics. Ohhh. I really need to get some income from my books in order to keep up with that sort of stuff.
Well, analytics is something I've always tried to keep to the basics until I can get someone to do the stuff for me. I consider the basics as a better read on who is reading my blogs, when the most traffic is. And no, it doesn't give me personal info. That sort of stuff is not my cup of tea. At any rate, I decided in the wee hours of the morning to check my account.
Huhh. A whole new setup met my wide eyes, confused my poor little bird brain and sent me scrambling to find out why I had errors. Two of them, mind now, it shouldn't make that much difference. Says two of my blog posts weren't verified or some such event. Whilst checking that out, I found out that I had indeed verified these things during the last round of marketing stuff which I totally added to the longish list of things for my marketing analyst to do. If and when I ever get one.
Anyways, the whole thing was actually quite simple. Seeings how I hadn't visited that much put upon site in a few months, which I frantically decided to just leave for the time being the last time, most of the work had already been done for me. Yay. Doing cartwheels. Now, all I had to do was add the tracking code.
Happily I proceeded to do so. That's relatively easy, since I had spent quite some time learning to do just that. For further enlightenment, you can check out various blog posts on any of my blogs which can be gotten from my Google+ page, I think, I hope. Thus I made the following discoveries:
1. Dashboard made more sense. Only a few clicks to get to where I wanted to go.
2. Easier for me to find out where the confusion sprang from when last I tried to get something done over there.
3. Put the code exactly where it needed to be, found out I hadn't even put one in one or two places, so I renamed the 'properties." (teehee, makes me think of wealthy land barons, for some reason.)
4. Now, there are a whole lot of other thingamabobs, thingamajiggies, bells and whistles that can be added. Happily, I don't need them at this time.
Now, I'm hoping that I really can leave the current setup until I can hire that marketing analyst. For now, I'm content with my blog being read, my short story collection finding its place in this big wide world and my social links appear to be working just fine. Adios, aloha, giigawabimin noongom.